Location: AR, MS, LA
Position #: 3437
Scope of Responsibility
The primary responsibility of the Laboratory Specialist is to provide distribution support to enable market share growth of primary and secondary products into existing markets and to develop markets with new technology formats. The Laboratory Specialist is an expert in the selling process with extensive skills in both product technical features and clinical applications for a specific group of products sold into a defined territory. These highly skilled and expert sales professionals will document “best practice” sales processes, selling tools and proof sources to rapidly build customer acceptance and sales momentum within the Hospital, Reference Lab, and Public Health markets
- Develop distribution relationships to increase market penetration.
- Support distribution partners in the sale of products, including training, sales meetings, technical expertise, and marketing support of the product lines and distributor private branded products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key purchasing agents to drive new sales and maintain current business.
- Identify key IDNs and GPO targets within defined territory to increase market penetration to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Work with the Marketing Department to identify and develop new selling tools, reimbursement criteria, proof sources, and competitive information to validate the technology and products for market acceptance.
- Develop key opinion leaders that will serve as reference sites, technical experts, and product advocates on behalf of current and new products.
- Analyze territories for new business opportunities; develop and implement creative and well-defined sales and marketing strategies to increase market penetration to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Train customers in the proper use of products, and provide other industry specific insight (e.g. CLIA requirements, laboratory workflow practices, reimbursement)
- Create and manage a sales plan for targeted products, applying all selling assets to achieve financial goals.
- Develop expertise in reimbursement and stay current on market dynamics (e.g., financial environment, current reimbursement rates, codes, key payers, market trends).
- Maintain selling expenses and submit timely and accurate expense reports while adhering to all corporate guidelines .
- Develop and submit sales reports, expense reports and forecasts and other required documents or reports as requested. Must actively participate in utilizing Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Timely response to customer needs (e.g., return voicemail messages daily, follow up on requests, and coordinate with internal resources).
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time. Overnight travel as necessary to complete business requirements.
- Follow standard Technical Services procedures for documenting, identifying, and reporting to Technical Service any customer product complaints and ensure customer satisfaction of resolution.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Identify and qualify IDC and IPS product opportunities
- Work in a team environment to assist with IDC and IPS customer targets
- Obtain certification within the Vendor Credentialing requirements by being in compliance with current immunizations, required training, background checks and competency Assessments.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned
- REQUIRED: Bachelor Degree in Science or Business preferred, with medical technology and laboratory experience a plus
- REQUIRED: Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience; medical sales experience or capital equipment sales preferred and familiarity of the in vitro diagnostics industry.
- Experience in developing business in a GPO and or IDN environment REQUIRED
- Demonstrated expertise in price – value contract negotiations.
- Thorough understanding of financial dynamics (pricing, profitability, contract management).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel and work with customers throughout the assigned geographical territory as dictated.
- Knowledge of sales process for tangible products, including cold calling.
- Ability to operate independently without frequent supervision or guidance.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to fluid product line changes.
- Overnight travel as necessary to complete business requirements. Minimum 50% travel.
Base Target: $70K Base Salary
Bonus Target: $50K at annual bonus plan
Auto Allowance: Mileage reimbursement or $750/mo
Please create your resume in MS Word Format.