Director, Commercial Operations
Location: Houston, TX
Position #: 3340
Scope of Responsibility
The Director of Commercial Operations will lead the company's commercialization activities in the U.S. as well as define commercialization, launch strategies and implement them. Sets direction and objectives for the Sepax System, with review and approval by top business management. Leads the process of providing market and customer input to the development team. Develops and directs others in the development and execution of strategy, development and delivery of the cell processing commercial (sales, marketing, scientific, application training) plan, effective sales tools, marketing and implementation programs. This position will also have full P&L responsibility for the U.S. business. The Director of Operations will work very closely with the Vice President and will be his representative when he is out of the office.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Achieve Sales targets, with special emphasis on Regenerative Medicine market
• Leads the development of strategic and tactical commercial plans, and is responsible for the implementation
• Manages the coordination of sales, marketing, scientific, application support activities
• Leads the America’s Sepax System commercial organization to ensure achievement of the commercial goals for the organization
• Coordinates cross functional launch and commercialization activities
• Recruits, hires and establishes performance standards for direct reports and guides their development. Interprets and applies company policy. Establishes marketing/sales operating policies and procedures.
• Develop in depth understanding of FDA policies and implement appropriate strategies to be in compliance with them. Directs the collection and analysis of competitor and market information, tracking of sales, and development of marketing, promotional and pricing strategies.
• Prepares and manages approved budget.
• Serves as prime contact and external spokesperson for product platform and/or programs
MANDATORY Bachelor’s or Master degree in biological sciences or engineering is required.
MANDATORY requirements include:
• Requires a minimum of 7 years of global, executive level experience in biomedical commercial company and/or in surgical instrumentation with 1+ years of experience in Stem Cell Therapy/Cell Culture market.
• Direct and indirect people management experience on International basis with particular emphasis on N. America and Europe .• 2+ yrs Resident expertise as a U.S. ex-pat in Europe or European with U.S. experience.
• Results oriented with entrepreneurial mind, with leadership.
• Strong scientific knowledge and competency demonstrated throughout career.
• Strategic analysis and business development experience.
• Experience and performance excellence with instrument systems and applications global new product launches.
• Customer oriented, with excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent acquaintance with FDA regulatory and reimbursement systems
• General management experience.
- Target Base Salary: $165-180K
- Bonus: 30% of base salary at plan
- Relocation: Capped amount TBD; no home purchase option
- Long term incentive: Possibility to join a stock option program
- 50-70% travel requirements both domestically and internationally.
Please create your resume in MS Word Format.